My Castle House - Policies
RENTAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This short-term rental agreement (“Agreement”) is by and between Funtierland Vacation Rentals (”Funtierland”), for the Owner of the vacation rental property (“Owner”) and the renter of the shortterm vacation rental (“Guest”) who is solely responsible for the actions of their family, invitees, and guests. The Guest is required to complete a separate Guest Information Form (“GIF”) that will bind all individuals (“Guests”) listed on the GIF to this Agreement. Any individual that provides any payment toward the reservation must be listed as a Guest on the GIF, whether they intend to occupy the Vacation Rental or not, and is bound to this Agreement.
The Guest hereby rents from Funtierland the reserved property (“Vacation Rental”) on a shortterm
tenancy (of less than 30 days). The Vacation Rental shall be used for singlefamily residential purposes exclusively by Guests. Only individuals listed in the GIF are permitted to use, occupy, or visit the Vacation Rental and/or common areas or amenities, including but not limited to the pool facilities . Individual(s) not listed in the GIF are strictly prohibited from any type of use of the Vacation Rental and surrounding amenities as noted herein. Breach of this policy may result in fines and/or eviction.
For the security of the Vacation Rental and the privacy of all guests, the complete address and instructions to access the Vacation Rental will be provided with the PreArrival information approximately 2 weeks prior to checkin.
The minimum age requirement of the Guest submitting payment to reserve the Vacation Rentals is 25 years of age. Guests less than 25 years of age must be accompanied at all times during their stay by a Guest that meets the minimum age requirement. Funtierland reserves the right to refuse service to anyone in accordance with all applicable laws.
Any modifications to the original and/or subsequent reservation require Funtierland approval and Guest is responsible for any additional charges. Funtierland reserves the right to cancel the Agreement and refund, if applicable, any payments collected based on the cancellation and refund policy. Guest agrees to communicate in a timely manner before, during and after their stay and will notify Funtierland immediately regarding any questions, concerns, issues, or emergencies related to the Vacation Rental. Guest will fulfill departure instructions for the Vacation Rental and depart by the checkout date and time.
1. PAYMENT: 50% of total amount due at booking and balance is due 90 days prior to checkin
date. Funtierland reserves the right to cancel any reservation in the event Guest fails to pay within 5 days of due date.
▪ PAY BY CHECK : Unless otherwise specified, all online rates, fees, pricing, quotes, and reservations are based on
payment VIA ELECTRONIC CHECK (ECHECK)
OR PAPER CHECK in U.S. FUNDS
▪ PAY BY CREDIT CARD : For the convenience and security of the Guest, Funtierland also accepts Visa and
Mastercard credit card payments for an additional 3% fee of total amount quoted/collected. Funtierland will issue an additional payment request for 3% of any payment amount received that NOT PAID by ECHECK OR PAPER CHECK in U.S. funds.
2. CANCELLATIONS, CHANGES, and REFUNDS*: In the event of a cancellation, shortened stay, or change of dates (“Cancellation”) Funtierland will attempt to rebook the vacated dates and if rebooked the amount from the new reservation will first be applied to make Funtierland whole based on the original reservation, and any remaining amount will be refunded to the Guest. All Cancellations are subject to a $50 Cancellation fee in addition to the Funtierland booking and cancellation policies. All cancellations and changes must be made in writing (email is ok).
▪ Cancellations 90 days prior to checkin date are fully refundable minus the Cancellation fee
▪ Cancellations 89-45 days prior to checkin date are 50% refundable minus the Cancellation fee
▪ Cancellations 45 days or less prior to checkin date are nonrefundable
▪ Any increase in guest count after the reservation has been confirmed based on the original information provided by Guest must be promptly communicated to Funtierland and is subject to approval and applicable additional guest fees.
Unfortunate and unexpected Guest emergencies can occur resulting in Guest Cancellation and therefore, we highly recommend Guests purchase appropriate travel insurance.
No refunds will be given due to weather, natural disasters, earthquakes, other acts of God, or the closure of any Vacation Rentals recreational facilities (pool, spa, etc.), or nearby parks (i.e. Disneyland), recreation facilities, or beaches.
Funtierland shall not be liable for nondelivery or misdelivery of service provided herein, nor shall this Agreement be terminated for any interruption of, or interference with, services or accommodation due Guest, caused by weather, strike, riot, orders of public authorities, acts of other guests, act of God, accident, the making of necessary repairs to the building of which said Vacation Rentals are a part, or any other cause, except as outlined above. The Guest(s) hereby agree(s) to hold Funtierland harmless against losses, deficiency, and/or any inconveniences caused by unexpected interruptions of use of the Vacation Rental to accommodate scheduled Guests. If such instance occurs, Funtierland is not liable for any indirect financial or scheduling burden including but not limited to airlines reservations, rental car reservations, prepaid event tickets, etc. Any falsified reservation is subject to cancellation and will forfeit any deposit and/or payments made and the party will not be permitted to checkin.
*Deadlines and/or other Payments, Cancellations, Changes, and Refunds, and applicable % refund allowed, as outlined above, may appear differently on the booking site in which Guest inquired and/or completed original booking. In all instances, unless otherwise authorized by Funtierland in writing prior to Guest confirming reservation, the more restrictive of the applicable terms apply.
3. CHECKIN AND CHECKOUT: Guests may not checkin prior to the specified checkin date or time. Guests must checkout of the property at or before the specified checkout date and time. In the event the Guest does not vacate the Vacation Rental at the specified checkout date and time, Guest may be fined and evicted to ensure Funtierland’s performance for incoming guests and Owners.
▪ Early checkin and checkout times may be approved based on availability and at an additional charge. All early checkin and checkouts must be agreed to ahead of time and confirmed via email or in writing.
▪ Luggage storage may be available if scheduling permits and if agreed to ahead of time via email or in writing. Funtierland is not responsible for the personal belongings of Guests storing luggage and the Vacation Rental may not be secure during these times as cleaning and maintenance personnel may have full access to the home and entry doors may be unlocked or open. Guests may not enter the Vacation Rental for any other reason (i.e. use bathroom) except for luggage storage prior to checkin time, or after checkout time.
▪ Funtierland cannot be held responsible for personal items left behind by Guests. If items are found, Funtierland, at Guests' request, will mail item(s) to Guest for a fee of $25 plus the cost of shipping.
4. SECURITY DEPOSITS, ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE PROTECTION: Security Deposits: If a security deposit is collected, Funtierland will return deposit to Guest within 21 days after Funtierland has inspected the property. Funtierland shall apply the deposit as necessary against the cost of restoring the unit to the condition when Guest arrived, allowing for normal wear and tear.
Accidental Damage Waiver Protection: In lieu of a standard security deposit, guest agrees to pay a nonrefundable damage waiver fee of $59.00 or $79.00 PER UNIT (fee depends on size of property). This fee covers up to $1,500.00 or $3,000 of accidental or unintentional physical damage caused by guest. In the event damage to the unit exceeds the covered maximum, guest agrees to pay additional cost associated with damage. This payment may be made via similar
payment terms as the reservation. The Damage Waiver DOES NOT cover costs associated with any intentional damage, negligence by guests, or pet damage.
Damages to Rental Property: Guest agrees to notify Funtierland of any damages or accidents that occur to the premises to both real property and personal property during their stay. If Funtierland determines that no intentional or wanton or willful misconduct occurred, Funtierland will repair or replace as needed up to the maximum accidental damage coverage amount. Any damage or accident that exceeds the covered maximum is the responsibility of the guest.
Homeowners Association fines or City violations or fines of any amount will be the responsibility of the guest. Damages must be reported immediately in order for Funtierland to repair said damages. If damages are not reported immediately by the guest, all damage costs will be the responsibility of the guest. Pet damage (pets are not allowed) or damage from smoking is the sole responsibility of the Guest.
5. GENERAL FUNTIERLAND VACATION RENTAL RULES:
Property Specific Funtierland Vacation Rental Rules (Addendum 1): Guest agrees to property specific rules.
Anaheim ShortTerm Rules: Guest agrees to follow all Anaheim Ordinance for Short Term Rentals. Any validated
complaints and/or violations of the Anaheim Ordinance may result in a $2,500 fine and/or eviction.
Community Association (“HOA”) Rules and Regulations (if applicable and referenced in Addendum 1): Guest agrees to follow all HOA Rules. Any validated complaints and/or violations of HOA Rules may result in a $1,500 fine and/or eviction.
Occupancy: Maximum occupancy for each Vacation Rental is found in the property specific rules (Addendum 1).
Minimum Stay: All shortterm rentals have at least a 3 night minimum stay policy.
Good Neighbor Policy: Funtierland Vacation Rentals are designed for families and friends to peacefully enjoy their stay. Funtierland does not tolerate any partying, loud noise, excessive occupancy limits, illegal parking, etc. that violate policy or interfere with our neighbor's peaceful enjoyment of their community. The Good Neighbor policy aligns with the city's shortterm rental ordinance and applies to ALL vacation rentals, not just Funtierland Vacation Rentals. Please be respectful of our longterm residents and our community.
Noise Restriction: Guests must avoid making “loud or unreasonable noise” day or night while staying at the Vacation Rental and there is a quiet period imposed by the City of Anaheim between the hours of 10p.m. and 9a.m. Pool, patio, game room/garage and all outside areas close at 10p.m. sharp and do not open again until 9am. All conversation must be brought inside at 10pm. Please do not be the group that upsets the neighbors to the point that they call the police, the HOA, where applicable, or us.
No Parties: This rental many only be used for overnight lodging accommodations and may not be used for weddings, parties, bachelor/bachelorette gatherings, conferences, corporate events, etc, or dinner parties that exceed the maximum guest count.
Violations/Fines: If city Code Enforcement appears at the property, you are required to grant him/her immediate access to investigate a complaint or suspected violation. Guest(s) may be cited and/or fined by the City of Anaheim if any city mandated rules (i.e. Good Neighbor Policy, House Rules, Quiet Time, etc) are violated. Guest(s) are responsible for paying any or all fines and Funtierland reserves the right to terminate the rental agreement and immediately evict responsible person or all occupants upon any violation.
Care of Vacation Rental: Guest will keep the Vacation Rental in clean and sanitary condition and dispose of all garbage cans waste accordingly. Guest shall report any plumbing or electrical or dangerous condition/problem immediately to Funtierland. Guest will not deface or damage the Vacation Rentals or its amenities in any way and will inform Funtierland promptly of any damage caused by Guests and is responsible for damages beyond normal wear and tear. In addition, Guests shall be responsible for any expense or damage caused by stoppage of waste pipes, garbage disposal, or overflows from bathtubs, toilets or washbasins or sinks if due to Guest’s neglect or misuse. Guests shall not store gasoline, cleaning solvents or any other combustibles in the Vacation Rental, garages, or any other part of the property and/or common areas.
Pets: Pets are not generally allowed in Funtierland Vacation Rentals as our properties are designed to be as clean and allergen free as possible. In the event that Guest brings unauthorized pets, a $500 fine will be enforced and Guest will forfeit their right to future reservations unless otherwise agreed in writing prior to guests’ arrival in the Vacation Rental. Guest must advise Funtierland of any service animals at the time of booking and provide relevant
documentation for the service animal . Funtierland reserves the right to decline reservations that include animals in accordance with applicable laws.
Guest Behavior: No unusual or loud noise is permitted at any time day or night. Music, stereos, radios, televisions, etc. must be turned down low enough so as not to be heard outside the Vacation Rental or through common walls, windows, or between neighboring patios. Intoxication or excessive use of alcoholic beverages, marijuana, the use of illegal substances, disorderly conduct, unnecessary and/or objectionable noise, reckless driving in the neighborhood / complex roads or driveway(s) is strictly prohibited. Guests shall not use, keep, or have in their possession any illegal firearms, drugs, fireworks, or other illegal substances.
No Guest Alteration to Property: Guest will not alter the Vacation Rental in any way (i.e. no moving furniture or using nails, screws, tape, tacks, paint, etc. on walls, ceilings, floors, fencing, stucco, or furniture). Items should not be removed from the Vacation Rental except items specific to outside use such as beach towels and strollers. No Smoking in Vacation Rental: Smoking is strictly prohibited inside the Vacation Rental and Guests agree not to smoke or permit Guest(s) to smoke anywhere inside or within 15 feet of doors and windows of the Vacation Rental or neighboring properties. Guest also agrees to properly extinguish and discard of their cigarette butts. Noncompliance by Guests will immediately result in termination of this Agreement, eviction, and Guest will be responsible for all costs to remove the smoking odor within Vacation Rental, and any other damages incurred. A fine of $1,000 will also be strictly enforced.
Pool/Spa/Recreational Facilities : Children and any adults requiring supervision must be supervised by a responsible and ablebodied adult during their use of the pool, spa, and recreational facilities and equipment. Please ensure that all gates, latches, and fencing is secured at all times including the time of your arrival and whenever entering and exiting the pool, spa, and recreational areas. Note that there is NO LIFEGUARD ON DUTY and USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. No alcohol or glass is allowed within the facilities. When using these facilities, remember there can be certain health risk associated with the use of these facilities. PLEASE NOTE AND ADHERE TO ALL POSTED SIGNS AT FACILITIES. Use of any toys, life jackets, pool floatation devices, etc. found at the Vacation Rental or facility is to be used at your own risk.
Shipping/Deliveries: We do not offer shipping/delivery assistance via USPS, FedEx, UPS, Amazon, a local grocer, or any other carrier. Should you choose to schedule a delivery to the Vacation Rental during your stay, we cannot be held responsible for logistical issues, delays, undelivered, or missing packages. Shipping via FedEx, UPS or by any other means is at your own risk and is not permitted outside of the dates of your stay.
Media/Event use Restriction: The Vacation Rental may not be used or reproduced for, or as part of, any photographic production, television production, movie/film production, wedding event, party, or in any other way in which our home becomes a setting for amateur or professional use of producing, staging, or otherwise, without Funtierland’s express written consent.
6. UTILITIES, INTERNET, TV USAGE: Electricity, gas, cable tv, hot & cold water, and trash collection are provided by Funtierland. Wireless internet access is provided. If, local phone service is provided, no long distance or international calling is allowed. Use of the Internet to access pornography, illegal content, or to commit any cybercrime is not permitted and/or illegal and will be reported to local authorities. Guests are prohibited from purchasing any ON DEMAND entertainment, or downloadable or streaming content at Funtierland's expense; no exceptions.
7. HOUSEKEEPING AND SUPPLIES : A onetime setup of linens, towels, soap, and basic paper products is provided for Guests' convenience, however daily maid service is not provided. Do not remove anything from the Vacation rental unless it is designed to be used outside of the Vacation Rental (i.e. beach towels and strollers) and all items must be returned to the Vacation Rental after offsite use. Funtierland reserves the right to charge additional fees for excessive cleaning, laundry, and for ruined linens (i.e. stained towels or bleached sheets).
8. ENTERING VACATION RENTAL: Funtierland may enter Vacation Rental including but not limited to: in the event of an emergency or relevant concern, to make necessary repairs, or for supplying necessary or agreed upon services. Except in cases of emergency entry or relevant concern, entry will be made during normal business hours.
9. THIRD PARTY BOOKINGS AND SUBLETTING: Third parties (i.e. travel agents) are required to disclose their position at time of reservation. Funtierland contracts directly with Guests and not third parties. Guests may not sublet or assign this Agreement or the Vacation Rental in part or full.
10. LEGAL FEES, ARBITRATION, AND JURISDICTION: In the event of any controversy, claim or dispute relating to this Agreement or any breach thereof, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover from the other party or parties its reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs. In the event of a dispute, Guests and Funtierland agree to an action in small claims court or if no resolution can be reached to submit to binding arbitration under the review of an independent arbitrator. This Agreement shall be governed by, enforced and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California. If any term, provision or condition contained in this Agreement (or the application of any such term, provision or condition) shall to any extent be invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of this Agreement shall be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law. In all cases the language in all parts of this Agreement shall be construed simply, according to its fair meaning under California Law. In the event any dispute arises between the parties, the parties agree that the venue or the given dispute shall exclusively be Orange County, California. The parties agree that this is a mandatory forum and venue selection clause.
11. GUEST(S) LIABILITY: The Guests are jointly and severally liable for all rent and other charges incurred during the term of this agreement, and for all damages to the Vacation Rental caused by themselves or unauthorized guests. Each individual Guest may be held fully liable for the act(s) or omissions of the other individual Guest(s) in accordance with the provisions of this agreement.
12. GUEST(S) INDEMNIFICATION: The Guest(s) hereby agrees that the Guest(s) will indemnify and hold harmless Funtierland against all loss or deficiency of rent or other payments and any negligence, act, or omission of acts by any other persons, entity, or property. The Guest(s) hereby agrees to hold Funtierland harmless in all such matters including personal accidents and/or personal injury of any kind to any party (Guest or otherwise), unless such injury or damage is committed deliberately by Funtierland.
13. FUNTIERLAND LIABILITY: Funtierland shall not be liable or responsible in any way for any injury or illness, accidental, personal, bodily, or otherwise to any Guest, or (un)authorized guest of Guest or person located within said Vacation Rentals (bathrooms, bedrooms, staircase, closets, etc.) or while in use of any provided onsite/offsite amenities including but not limited to the BBQ, pool and spa, pool toys, playground facilities, beach toys, boogie boards etc., or for loss of, or damage to, any article belonging to Guest or (un)authorized guest of Guest, or person located in said Vacation Rentals, or other Vacation Rentals under control of Funtierland.
14. INSURANCE: It is understood by Guest(s) and all parties that Guest’s personal effects are NOT insured by Funtierland and it is recommended that Guest insure his/her own personal property with his/her own insurance policy. Funtierland does NOT insure Guest for any personal injury or property damage including that caused by the act or omission of any other Guest or third party or by any criminal act or activity, war, riot, insurrection, fire, water, roof leaks, electrical or gas utilities, or act of God. Guest shall obtain and pay for any insurance coverage that Guest(s) deem(s) necessary to protect Guest(s) from any loss or expense that may be caused by such persons or events. Again, Funtierland strongly recommends Guests purchase appropriate travel insurance.
15. ENTIRE AGREEMENT: The foregoing constitutes the entire agreement between the parties and supersedes any oral or written representations or agreements that may have been made by either party. Funtierland reserves the right to assign the Guests' reservation. The Guest also represents that they have relied solely on his/her own judgment and expertise in entering into this Agreement with Funtierland. Guest acknowledges they have read, understand, and will abide by this Agreement, the Anaheim House Rules, both General and Property Specific Funtierland Vacation Rental Rules, and all Community Association (HOA) Rules and Regulations and that all rules are deemed covenants of this Agreement, and that any violation of any of these rules and regulations shall constitute a breach of the Agreement.
_______________________________________ _____________________________________ ________________